G.R.O.W. is an innovative transitional life skills day program for young adults (post high school) with social, intellectual and developmental disabilities. G.R.O.W. collaborating with participants and their families to enhance independent living skills through life skills education, opportunities for socialization with peers and engagement in community life.
G.R.O.W. in Winnipeg Program Facilitator
The G.R.O.W. Program Facilitator is responsible for providing participants with a safe, educational, and positive program experience. This position is responsible for providing guidance and instruction to participants through the development of their individual goals, facilitation of group and individual activities, and on-going monitoring and documentation of progress in accordance with the Program’s policies and procedures. The G.R.O.W. Program Facilitator must demonstrate strong leadership skills, encourage and develop opportunities for learning, have a positive attitude, use inclusive language, and be sensitive to the needs of the participants.
Role Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement participants’ individual goals based on program curriculum.
- Implement program activities that enhance the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical well-being of the participants.
- Provide observational and hands on learning opportunities.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of the participants.
- Assist with the programming of the special guest instructors.
- Participate in all group activities.
- Participate in program evaluation.
- Provide supervision to assigned participants and group activities.
- Ensure the general welfare, safety, health, and well-being for assigned participants.
- Provide hygiene support when necessary.
- Maintain participant confidentiality.
The Candidate & Qualifications
Education & Training
- Experience working with the special needs population an asset.
- Experience in Applied Behavioral Analysis an asset.
- Completion of the Emergency First Aid with Basic Rescuer CPR Level C.
- Current Criminal Record and Child Abuse Check.
- Because we are a community based program, candidates are required to be double vaccinated.
Skills and Attributes
- Able to interact with participants, families and community partners.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, able to instruct participants on program activities.
- Able to adapt or modify activities when required to facilitate participation.
- Able to work independently as well as able and willing to participate and contribute in a team based work environment.
- Able to independently manage time and workflow.
- Ability to effectively promote and market the G.R.O.W. Program.
- Able to conduct self in a professional manner.